The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) and the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) have the called the meeting "to ensure that governments recognise the progressive steps the travel and tourism industry has already taken towards responsible growth and development".
Delegates taking part in the panel discussion on 18 December, at the Bella Center, will include:
- WTTC president and CEO Jean-Claude Baumgarten
- UNWTO secretary general Taleb Rifai
- Marriott International vice-president of social responsibility and community engagement Mari Synder
- British Airways head of environment Jonathon Counsell
- Visit Sweden CEO Thomas Bruhl
- World Economic Forum senior director of environment initiatives Dominic Waughry