Visit London business tourism director Tracy Halliwell said a conference at the EIBTM show in Barcelona that the £11bn private and public investment would attract and benefit visitors to London.
"Some of these developments have been spurred on by the 2012 Olympic Games and others were happening anyway," said Halliwell.
Visit London projects that 13,300 new hotel rooms will be available in London by 2012.
Among the new hotel openings and developments are:
- Wyndham Grand, Chelsea Harbour - January 2010
- Park Plaza westminster Bridge, Lambeth - early 2010
- Savoy Hotel, The Strand - April 2010
- W Hotel, West End - October 2010
- Renaissance Hilton, St Pancras Chambers - 2010
- Hotel Verta, Battersea - 2010
- Hilton Wembly - 2010
- Four Seasons, Park Lane - 2010
- 45 Park Lane, Mayfair - 2010
- Hilton Heathrow T5, Poyle - 2011
- Metropole, Westminster - 2011
- City Inn, Tower of London - 2011
- Intercontinental Hotel Westminster - 2011
- Shangri-La, London Bridge Tower (The Shard) - 2012
- The Regent Palace Hotel, Regent´s Street - 2012
- Travelodge will open six additional hotels in London by 2012