Reed Travel Exhibitions' creation of America Meetings Week with the support of a host of industry associations follows Imex's announcement that it is to host a US show, Imex America, in Las Vegas in 2011.
America Meetings Week will comprise:
- A conference aimed at the North American market
- A series of industry events that will run alongside AIBTM
- A chief executive summit during which influential buyers and suppliers will discuss trends and issues
- An awards programme rewarding innovation in the US market
- Concurrent educational sessions
- A presentation of research findings
Reed Travel Exhibitions meetings and incentives events chairwoman Vanessa Cotton said: "It is education and knowledge that sets us apart from other industry events, as we aim to equip the US buyer and supplier communities with the tools to create more effective events."
The first AIBTM show will take place in Baltimore in June 2011 and Reed Travel Exhibitions aims to attract 500 hosted buyers and 2,500 trade visitors.
Holding the AIBTM in Baltimore gave it a "further advantage over other shows in the US" because it is close to key cities including New York, Washington DC and Philadelphia, which means it is easily accessible to trade visitors, said Cotton.
Do you think Cotton should be included in this year's Power 50? Nominate now.