BI Worldwide head of events Mark Taylor has taken over from Patrick Collins as the chair of Eventia.
The reshuffle took place at Eventia's AGM in London last Friday.
World Events sales and marketing director Mark Saxby was elected vice-chair.
Stephan Roberge, from the Monaco Tourist Authority & Convention Bureau UK and Ireland, was elected to the board for the first time.
A number of industry professionals were re-elected to the board at the AGM. These included:
- TRO chief executive Rob Allen
- Jersey Conference Bureau general manager Hamish Reid
- Grass Roots marketing director Aileen Reuter
- Gallowglass head of business development Matt Storey
The following people stood down from the board:
- Visit Denmark marketing manager - conference and incentive travel Jonathan Cohen
- Ascot Hospitality director of sales and marketing Gary England
- Bournemouth International Centre head of conferences and exhibitions Clive Tyers
Oxford International managing director John Walker stepped down from the Eventia board but will continue his involvement with the organisation's university-based education initiative.
Taylor said widening membership to include more production companies and agencies, grow corporate and association members were among Eventia's goals for this year.
It also plans to offer more networking and education opportunities, and provide advice on legislation including TOMS were among the association's goals, said Taylor.