Zibrant managing director Fay Sharpe and Astra Zeneca global procurement leader (business travel) Caroline Strachan will be among the stars for a version of Strictly Come Dancing at next month's Institute of Travel Management annual conference.
A Strictly-style pre-conference film of the dancers being put through their paces at London's Pineapple Studios has been created, featuring:
- ITM chief executive Paul Tilstone
- Zibrant managing director and ITM board director Fay Sharpe
- Astra Zeneca global procurement leader and ITM chairman Caroline Strachan
- BP Global Travel Services global meetings manager Kerrie Henshaw Cox
- British Airways general manager UK and global corporate sales Richard Tams
- Get There director (EMEA) Jason Geall
The idea is to counteract the wider economic gloom and offer cost effective entertainment, according to ITM chief executive Paul Tilstone:
"We like to push the boundaries and once we'd thought of running our own Strictly contest, there really was no other option. It takes us out of our comfort zones, has reduced conference costs and has become a focus of attention for people at a time when everything is a little doom and gloom."
The ITM conference takes place at Liverpool ACC on 25-27 March. It will also see the trade body renamed the Institute of Travel and Meetings, to reflect a greater emphasis on the corporate events market.