Atlantis Palm Island unveils its C&I target

Dubai mega-property identifies UK as key event market

Atlantis, The Palm's Royal Pool
Atlantis, The Palm's Royal Pool

Atlantis Palm Island has set its C&I targets for the next 12 months and placed the UK as the top international market, outside the GCC.

Around 30% of its overall C&I business is targeted to come from the UK, said Atlantis convention sales director Vipin Khattar. "We've been lucky that the UK market has already been made aware of Atlantis due to the pre-opening publicity. In fact, our first group at the property was a UK construction firm, booked directly by the client, for an event with 40 delegates - and they checked in a day after opening."

The incentive appeal at Atlantis includes water park Aquaventure, with its near-vertical chute and a dolphin experience and a spa with 27 treatment rooms, both of which can be privatised, plus four celebrity chef restaurants for dinearounds.

However, Khattar insists that Atlantis is targeting the conference market from the UK: "Of our event bookings so far, 30% is for incentives, and the remaining 70% for conferences and meetings. Atlantis has the largest conference centre in Dubai and the entire West Tower area, which is home to our conference centre and 600 rooms, is all about business. We've tried to position Atlantis to allow for a distinct area for business that can be complemented by our leisure offering, so you won't get a suit walking past a pair of flip flops."

C&IT was among the first trade magazines to visit Atlantis within its first 10 days of operation. To see inside Atlantis - click here.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Register now
Already registered?
Sign in
In pictures: Events industry joins nationwide NHS tribute

In pictures: Events industry joins nationwide NHS tribute

As the UK came together to thank frontline healthcare workers, venues did their bit to mark the occasion.

Fears freelancers will be forced into debt despite UK chancellor’s intervention

Fears freelancers will be forced into debt despite UK chancellor’s intervention

Relief for freelancers welcomed by HBAA chair amid concerns many will have to take out loans before a payout in June.

How many MICE businesses have a complete travel ban in place?

How many MICE businesses have a complete travel ban in place?

Nearly 2,000 MICE professionals reveal whether their company has banned business travel in part three of C&IT's Impact of Coronavirus Report.

LIVE UPDATES: Which international events are being cancelled

LIVE UPDATES: Which international events are being cancelled

All the latest postponements and cancellations as the world deals with the spread of coronavirus.

Events industry applauds ExCeL's hospital transformation

Events industry applauds ExCeL's hospital transformation

The conference venue is expected to be ready for action as a huge coronavirus hospital by next week.

‘Kill the agenda, it gets in the way of creativity’

‘Kill the agenda, it gets in the way of creativity’

A detailed event schedule doesn’t leave much room for flexibility or self-expression, says INVNT’s Adam Harriden.

How coronavirus is changing event contracts and insurance forever

How coronavirus is changing event contracts and insurance forever

A need for more detailed contracts has been highlighted in C&IT’s Impact of Coronavirus Report, which surveyed 2,000 event professionals.

Aeorema Communications acquires Eventful

Aeorema Communications acquires Eventful

The deal marks Aeorema's 'conviction in the future and recovery of the events and MICE industry'.

Largest stimulus bill in US history agreed

Largest stimulus bill in US history agreed

A nearly $2-trillion package will boost the US economy amid the COVID-19 outbreak after both sides of the senate reached an agreement.

Industry support line launched by Stress Matters

Industry support line launched by Stress Matters

Help by phone and Whatsapp is available to event professionals who would like to talk to a trained mental health first aider.