- Glaxosmithkline's Nutritional Healthcare division has given agency Indeprod its first full-service brief, as the blue-chip synchronises its product briefings to internal staff and external buyers. (22/8/2007)
- Menzies Hotels has acquired eight Thistle properties from owner Curzon Hotel Properties for £54m. It will invest £12m over 18 months to refurbish and reposition the properties.
- The College of Occupational Therapists and the British Society for Haematology have selected Brighton to host their conferences. Visit Brighton forecasts the four events will inject £2.3m into the economy.
- The Liberal Democrats has named Liverpool's Arena and Convention Centre as the venue for its next Spring conference, citing the new venue's green credentials. The £146m venue will open next January.
- Crowne Plaza has unveiled a pan-European marketing drive. The plan involves business leaders addressing business travellers during a series of live events.
- Sign up at: www.citmagazine.com/newstracker.