Agency First Event has reported "massive" expansion in the past six months as it has taken on eight new members of staff, to create a business proposals department.
The new department will be headed up by Marie Lacey, previously of DRPG and Ashfield Meetings & Events.
The new staff are:
- Becky Brett, account manager – previously of YES (Your Event Solutions)
- Lucy Williams, senior account executive
- Max Collishaw, account executive
- Holly Bonelle, senior account executive
- Marie Lacey, head of new business proposals
- Paul Benson, business development manager
- Lydia Carroll, junior account executive
- Lucy Preston, new business coordinator – previously of Team Spirit
First Event MD Richard Murphy said the agency worked on more than 100 events in 2018, with the largest for 5000 people.
"The last 12 months has been very busy and exciting for First Event, and we’ve seen an array of new clients and team members walking through our doors.
Murphy added that he was "looking forward to adding more talented event professionals" to the agency.
Head of new business proposals Marie Lacey, said: "I'm delighted to be heading up new business proposals at First Event. It's a really exciting role in a progressive company that has a fantastic reputation within the industry."
For more features and breaking news sign up to C&IT Magazine's daily Newstracker here.
Have you registered with us yet?
Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.