While main business travel hubs like London, Paris, New York, and Sydney remain prominent destinations, Airbnb says it is seeing the highest year-on-year growth of work trips to regions like Latin America and Africa.
Some of the fastest-growing locations for business travellers include cities in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, South Korea, and South Africa, including:
- Mar Del Plata, Argentina (624% YoY increase in bookings)
- Guarujá, Brazil (594% YoY increase in bookings)
- Aguascalientes, Mexico (594% YoY increase in bookings)
- Gwangju, Korea (520% YoY increase in bookings)
- Pietermaritzburg, South Africa (465% YoY increase in bookings)
Group business trips continue to rise, and groups are travelling to historic and scenic hotspots.
The most popular group business travel destinations around the world trend toward cities in Malaysia, Brazil, Philippines, Mexico, and the US, including:
- Ipoh, Malaysia
- Guarujá, Brazil
- Tagaytay, Philippines
- Acapulco, Mexico
- Mammoth Lakes, CA
Some travellers plan ahead, while others book at the last minute. For all travellers on Airbnb, the average trip is booked more than 35 days in advance. Business travellers book with less lead time - business trips are being booked on average slightly more than 20 days in advance.
- Business travellers from cities in Taiwan, the US, and Germany book the furthest in advance
- Business travellers from cities in France, Norway, and Mexico book with the least amount of lead time
- Men book overall trips on average 32 days in advance, and for business trips they average 19 days in advance
- Women book overall trips on average 40 days in advance, and for business trips they average 27 days in advance
For more features and breaking news sign up to C&IT Magazine's daily Newstracker here.
Have you registered with us yet?
Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.