Advances in engineering will allow space, people and the things they live and work with, to be where and when they are needed, such as new units being designed and now produced by Ten Fold Engineering.
Videos posted online (like the one above) show the design concepts in action using a patented lever system technology, incorporating spaces like shipping containers, solar, towers, floating areas, stairs, covered terraces, medical, shopping, stadium, beach house, mini market and even a hotel.
The company says it follows these design principles:
- Travels on, and self-unloads from, a standard lorry
- No builders, cranes or foundations are neeed
- Self-deploys in eight minutes using little power
- 64sqm of mobile space and 20m3 of storage
- Fully equipped and powered up from the start
- Stackable and connectable on any scale
- Off-grid - so can be equipped for full services autonomy
- Easy and user-friendly to run and maintain
For more features and breaking news sign up to C&IT Magazine's daily Newstracker here.