Whether you are at the Grimsel Hospiz hotel in its barren landscape at 2,000 metres, in a typical wooden house in the picturesque Emmental or at the Kursaal in the heart of the Swiss capital – any event is sure to be a success. It is no wonder that the City of Bern won the 2017 Swiss MICE Award in the Destinations category!
UNESCO World Heritage Site, Old City of Bern
Here are five reasons why you should organise your next event in the canton of Bern:
1. After an eventful meeting, what better way to escape than exploring the local surroundings. Options include the Thrill Walk on the Schilthorn, an excursion up to the magnificent Jungfraujoch, a boat trip on turquoise Lake Thun and the spectacular Rosenlaui Glacier Gorge. No matter what your purpose is, an event in the canton of Bern can be easily combined with a trip into nature – not least because of the Swiss capital’s central location and accessibility.
Gstaad Palace, Destination Gstaad
2. Whether it’s a brainstorm at a luxury hotel in the city, an intensive seminar at a country inn in the Emmental or an event surrounded by superb mountain scenery, when it comes to meeting facilities it is hard to beat Bern’s range. It also boasts two amazing UNESCO World Heritage Sites: The historic Old Town of Bern with its arcades, and the imposing Jungfrau-Aletsch area with three of the world’s most famous mountains.
Jungfraujoch, Top of Europe
3. As well as easy accessibility and the central location on the linguistic border, when it comes to conferences, Bern also has excellent seminar facilities. In the Swiss capital you can expect to find state-of-the-art event and conference centres such as the Kursaal, the Bernexpo, the Stade de Suisse and the PostFinance Arena. Even outside the city, Bern has much to be proud of, like the Kursaal in Interlaken. If you’re looking for something small, but top quality and ultra-modern, the KK Thun will be for you, with the lake right on the doorstep.
Congress Centre Kursaal Interlaken
4. Bern is a who’s who in the world of politics, businesses and sports - providing a great backdrop for an inspiring event atmosphere. The Swiss capital is not only a meeting place for the political world, but also the scientific world, with the ongoing research taking place at the University of Bern. Every year, Interlaken hosts the Swiss Economic Forum, which is attended by CEOs, managers, politicians and scientists from all over the world. It is also regularly the host of international sporting events, most recently the 2016 Tour de France.
Swiss Economic Forum, Congress Centre Kursaal Interlaken
5. The art of watchmaking in the Bernese Jura is world famous – the Bernese really do have precision in their genes! This love of detail also extends to the cuisine, where out of the 800 Swiss Gault Millau restaurants, 89 are located in Bern. And did you know that Ovaltine, Ragusa, Kambly-Guetzli and Toblerone all originated in Bern?
The Alpina Gstaad, Destination Gstaad
To find out more please visit: Madeinbern.com/business-en