Incentive travel on the rise, according to C&IT research

Incentive travel looks set to increase in 2016, with 88% of agencies expecting to organise more incentive programmes next year than in 2015, according to exclusive C&IT research.

El Nido, Palawan, The Philippines (©iStockphoto.com)
El Nido, Palawan, The Philippines (©iStockphoto.com)

C&IT’s Incentive Travel Report reveals that incentive budgets are healthy, with 41% predicting budgets to increase, and the remaining 59% expecting budgets to remain static.

C&IT surveyed 40 of the UK’s top incentive agencies online, and conducted in-depth interviews with a further 20 agencies and corporates on the key trends, challenges and opportunities in incentive travel.

More than half (54%) said they are seeing an increase in long-haul trips, while group size is largely static with 63% predicting incentive group size to stay the same in 2016.

Meanwhile, budget and perception remain key challenges for the sector, with 52% of agencies saying budget is the biggest obstacle to incentives being signed off, while 20% stated perception as a key issue for clients.

C&IT presented highlights of the research at a panel session at IBTM World in Barcelona yesterday, featuring SITE CEO Kevin Hinton, and Elliott Grant, business director at The Black Tomato Agency.

Read more analysis in the first installment of our Incentive Travel Report here, and look out for further news, case studies and in-depth articles from our incentive travel report over the next fortnight.

MORE:

Case Study: Peugeot incentive is 'definitely Dubai'

China's largest Paris incentive trip continues in spite of terrorist attacks

C&IT Awards 2015 winners: Incentive Programme of the Year

Survey shows 87.5% of UK workers place high value on incentive trips

• For more breaking news, as well as in-depth features and case studies, sign up to C&IT Magazine's daily Newstracker here

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Register now
Already registered?
Sign in
'Four-poster bed, copper bath and gorgeous furnishings': a night at Down Hall Hotel

'Four-poster bed, copper bath and gorgeous furnishings': a night at Down Hall Hotel

C&IT's associate editor reviews a country house hotel dating back to 1322 with Italianate architecture and luxury interiors.

The charity ball with a projection-mapped 'Wheel of Fortune'

The charity ball with a projection-mapped 'Wheel of Fortune'

Country estate Alrewas Hayes hosted the 25th anniversary of the Hope and Homes for Children fundraiser.

2020's most popular incentive destinations

2020's most popular incentive destinations

In our State of the Industry: Incentives report, we look at the top countries and cities over the past year.

Cancellations and deferrals: How global agencies are reacting to coronavirus

Cancellations and deferrals: How global agencies are reacting to coronavirus

As IBTM APAC gets postponed, agencies tell C&IT what they are doing to meet the challenges posed by the outbreak.

IBTM APAC 2020 postponed over coronavirus

IBTM APAC 2020 postponed over coronavirus

Organisers have postponed the inaugural IBTM Asia Pacific due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

How are incentive budgets changing in 2020?

How are incentive budgets changing in 2020?

Budgets increases come despite fears over economic uncertainty, according to the State of the Industry 2020: Incentives report.

MGM Resorts takes action over massive data hack

MGM Resorts takes action over massive data hack

More than 10.6million guests have had their data leaked after the cyber attack, according to reports.

APAC planners still 'use manual processes' for most of their tasks

APAC planners still 'use manual processes' for most of their tasks

Australian and New Zealander event planners need a more technology-driven approach, according to new research by Cvent.

DICE launched to improve diversity at conferences and events

DICE launched to improve diversity at conferences and events

New charter aims to eliminate 'manels' and offers guidelines for making events more diverse, on and off stage.

Are experiential food and drink incentives on the rise?

Are experiential food and drink incentives on the rise?

Planners reveal what food and drink experiences clients are increasingly requesting, in the C&IT State of the Industry: Incentives report.

LATEST JOBS