All-women mentoring scheme Fast Forward 15, which was set up by Zibrant’s Fay Sharpe this March, attracted controversy from some when it was announced. However, the following programme mentees have recorded some measurable achievements since the scheme started:
- Catriona Ross, formerly events manager at the Post Office, is now working as event manager at The Prince’s Trust in a ‘more senior role’.
- Laura Adams has been promoted to senior event coordinator at cievents.
- Tanya Dennis has been promoted to operations manager at MRO Network, and has been inspired to do an MBA at The Mountbatten Institute, as well as joining the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Emma North has been offered a hosted place at IMEX with FHRI and has started to mentor a more junior member of her team. She recently spoke on a panel at The Meetings Show about women in events and completed the two-day CMP boot camp (the first step to gaining a CMP certificate).
- Hannah Coleman has finished university with first-class honours and secured work experience with WRG in September. She has also completed a five-week language course in Spain this summer to improve her skills.
- Amy Seton has been able to grow and develop current clients on a national basis and is currently in discussion with her first international drinks brand for an event series in 2016. She and Hannah Coleman will also be joining Sue Lawton at the CCLEF board meeting to gain further experience.
Fay Sharpe, managing director of Zibrant and founder of Fast Forward 15, said: "I am really encouraged by these results as they clearly show how Fast Forward 15 is working practice and how this year’s participants have really engaged with the programme we have developed.
"We are only half way through the programme but already surpassing our aims and objectives. I would like to congratulate all the mentees on undertaking such a firm commitment to the industry they are obviously passionate about. I cannot wait to see what the next six months have in store."
The scheme has also organised a training day for previous 2015 applicants at the Andaz Hotel on 19 October 2015 with sales performance specialist Mark Gallen of MG sales performance. This will encourage them to apply again when the 2016 applications open in January.
• For more breaking news, as well as in-depth features and case studies, sign up to C&IT Magazine's daily Newstracker here