• Etihad Airways will launch a new daily route from Edinburgh to Abu Dhabi in June.
• Direct daily flights between Birmingham and John F. Kennedy (JFK) Airport in New York will run from spring.
• United Airlines is to launch a new direct service from Newcastle International Airport to New York's Newark Liberty International Airport in May 2015.
• French airline La Compagnie will target the B2B sector when its all-business-class, London-to-New York flights commence in April.
• Norwegian will introduce a new London Gatwick to Orlando service
• British Airways will re-launch its London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur route.
• Cathay Pacific launched a four-times-weekly service from Manchester to Hong Kong in December, the first flight from the north of England to China.
• For more breaking news and in-depth features, sign up to C&IT Magazine's daily Newstracker here
Have you registered with us yet?
Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.