Cvent created the list by evaluating properties that generated business through its supplier network from September 2013 to August 2014. The hotels were ranked on criteria including total room nights, market share, and the hotels’ unique profile visits.
The top ten properties on the list are:
- Aria Resort & Casino – Las Vegas, NV
- Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center – Nashville, TN
- The Venetian and Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casinos – Las Vegas, NV
- Omni Nashville Hotel – Nashville, TN
- Hyatt Regency Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront – San Diego, CA
- Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center – Grapevine, TX
- Hilton Anatole – Dallas, TX
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach – Miami, FL
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection – Las Vegas, NV
"Hotels are aggressively competing for group business, which can be a substantial part of their revenue mix and more profitable than leisure or transient business travel," said Bharet Malhotra, senior vice president of sales for the Cvent Supplier Network.
"This year’s list has a number of changes throughout the top 100, including 18 new properties that knocked some off last year’s list. Hotels are constantly investing in upgrades to their meeting and room space, as well as their capabilities for supporting meetings and events."