In Numbers: IMEX America announces biggest show yet

Find out all the key stats about IMEX America, which is taking place at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas this week.

Imex America in Las Vegas
Imex America in Las Vegas

4th edition of IMEX America, which launched in 2011

13% bigger in terms of floor space compared to last year

2,900 exhibitors from 150-plus countries

2,900 expected number of hosted buyers at the show

53,000 pre-arranged one-to-one appointments made prior to the show opening

1,200 group appointments scheduled

8% increase in exhbiting companies year on year

70 new exhibitors on the show floor 

83% of exisiting exhibitors increased their stand space this year

20% of hosted buyers are from international destinations with the remaining 80% buyers from North America

50% increase in incentive products on the exhibition floor

38% increase in technology suppliers

More from IMEX:

In Pictures: IMEX America, Las Vegas

SAP CEO to become meetings industry ambassador

Oneworld global alliance upgrades events offer

In Pictures: C&IT clients drinks at Imex America

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Register now
Already registered?
Sign in
LIVE UPDATES: Which international events are being cancelled

LIVE UPDATES: Which international events are being cancelled

All the latest postponements and cancellations as the world deals with the spread of coronavirus.

Coronavirus: Your furlough questions answered

Coronavirus: Your furlough questions answered

Experts answer key FAQs about the tricky decisions businesses need to make around furloughs and offer guidance on the job retention scheme.

Global venues being transformed into field hospitals

Global venues being transformed into field hospitals

Which international convention centres are becoming temporary hospitals to manage spikes in coronavirus cases?

5 ways events will change after coronavirus

5 ways events will change after coronavirus

WRG’s Ben Atherton predicts how the industry might adjust when normality returns to live events.

Majority of event professionals fear job cuts

Majority of event professionals fear job cuts

Part four of C&IT’s global Impact of Coronavirus Report, we find out which regions are most concerned about job security.

In pictures: Events industry joins nationwide NHS tribute

In pictures: Events industry joins nationwide NHS tribute

As the UK came together to thank frontline healthcare workers, venues did their bit to mark the occasion.

Fears freelancers will be forced into debt despite UK chancellor’s intervention

Fears freelancers will be forced into debt despite UK chancellor’s intervention

Relief for freelancers welcomed by HBAA chair amid concerns many will have to take out loans before a payout in June.

How many MICE businesses have a complete travel ban in place?

How many MICE businesses have a complete travel ban in place?

Nearly 2,000 MICE professionals reveal whether their company has banned business travel in part three of C&IT's Impact of Coronavirus Report.

Events industry applauds ExCeL's hospital transformation

Events industry applauds ExCeL's hospital transformation

The conference venue is expected to be ready for action as a huge coronavirus hospital by next week.

‘Kill the agenda, it gets in the way of creativity’

‘Kill the agenda, it gets in the way of creativity’

A detailed event schedule doesn’t leave much room for flexibility or self-expression, says INVNT’s Adam Harriden.