The recipient of the scholarship, created in honour of Vanessa Cotton, one of the founding members of MPI UK & Ireland, will be rewarded with an all-expenses paid trip to the MPI European Meetings and Events (EMEC) Conference in Krakow, Poland, which takes place from 1-3 February 2015.
The winner of the scholarship will also be able to attend educational sessions and network with more than 200 event professionals, alongside current MPI board members.
This year’s judges include:
- Robert Quayle, head of events, AstraZeneca
- Fay Sharpe, managing director, Zibrant
- Viki Stapleton, events manager, Schroders
- Jane Hague, head of business development, Excel London
- Karen Walters, director, Eventful Connections
- Kim Myhre, senior vice president international, FreemanXP
Jane Baker, VP of education, MPI UK & Ireland Chapter, said: "The scholarship is a unique opportunity to empower student members who have the drive and passion to make their mark in the events industry.
"In Vanessa's memory, we are rewarding a student who has demonstrated outstanding communication skills and a strong desire for personal development. We will be announcing the winner of the scholarship at EIBTM."Last month, MPI UK & Ireland delivered the first of its MPI CMP boot camp events at Excel London, with delegates from UK agencies and corporates including Zibrant, CWT Meetings & Events and Schroders in attendance.