C&IT Awards winners: Global Congress of the Year

BrandFuel took home the prize for Global Congress of the Year for One Young World 2014, which took place in Johannesburg, South Africa.

C&IT Awards: Global Congress of the Year
C&IT Awards: Global Congress of the Year

One Young World 2013

Agency
BrandFuel

Destination
Johannesburg, South Africa

One Young World brought together 1,500 delegates - mostly aged under 25 - from 193 countries in October 2013.

The heightened political and security situation surrounding Nelson Mandela's illness created extra challenges. BrandFuel had to put detailed contingency plans in place, as well as a second plan in case of an emergency.

BrandFuel created an inspiring and motivational opening ceremony in Soccer City with the Soweto Gospel Choir, a local orchestra, 8,500 local children and 9,000 Vuvuzelas to kick off the three-day conference.

At the closing ceremony, delegates wrote a 'commit to action' on a ribbon. All ribbons were tied together and passed to the stage as a symbol of unity and hope for the future.

Delegate numbers were up by 200 and country participation rose from 183 UN countries to 193 since last year. The feedback form was completed by 796 of 1,500 delegates and the event was rated as very good by 80% and good by the remaining 20%.

Commended
Cisco Live! 2014
Agency

George P Johnson
Venue
Milano Congressi, Milan, Italy

Finalist

Best of Belron by NewtonLab 24

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Register now
Already registered?
Sign in
How events can save the world

Crisis planning, sustainability, wellbeing and inclusion can cause difficulties for event organisers. So is it possible to host a truly ethical event?

Wellbeing makes 'good business sense'

Wellbeing makes 'good business sense'

Annie Metcalfe from Clear Partners says planners must adapt to the changing demands of incentive travel programmes.

Amex GBT appoints new general manager for meetings and events

Amex GBT appoints new general manager for meetings and events

Gerardo Tejado has held a number of commercial and client management roles at American Express GBT over the past 17 years.

Incentives are coming: 7 Game of Thrones-inspired destinations

Incentives are coming: 7 Game of Thrones-inspired destinations

From Croatia to Northern Ireland, the fictional land of Westeros has filming locations around the world ideal for meetings and events.

What does an HR expert look for in Best Places to Work accreditation?

What does an HR expert look for in Best Places to Work accreditation?

An independent HR consultant explains what judges are looking for in accreditation like C&IT's Best Places to Work.

Events budgets return to steady growth, Bellwether Report finds

Events budgets return to steady growth, Bellwether Report finds

UK companies increased their marketing spend in Q1 2019, in contrast to flatlining budgets at the end of last year.

'Unlocking the best parts of destinations' is key for event planners

'Unlocking the best parts of destinations' is key for event planners

Venues should use their expertise to help familiarise planners with a new destination, says panel at the C&IT Association Forum.

Case study: CoinGeekWeek conference

Case study: CoinGeekWeek conference

CoinGeek transformed The Mermaid London for its three-day conference on cryptocurrency and blockchain.

New senior account manager for Top Banana

New senior account manager for Top Banana

Natalie Benson joins from ACA Live and will work on finance, automotive and retail accounts.

Facial recognition will change the way we measure audience engagement

Facial recognition will change the way we measure audience engagement

This kind of technology could scientifically prove the value and impact of events, says Dan Broadberry from Brands at Work.

LATEST JOBS