The report, which was published by marketing software platform HubSpot and event marketing company Eventbrite, surveyed more than 500 event planners who host and attend events.
The survey found:
- 65% of event planners said they were unable to increase attendance at their events in the last 12 months
- 14% stated that attendance rates had decreased
- 47% said they are going to increase their events budget
- 59% said they have no platform to measure or track the ROI of their events
- 79% of the study stated that they go to events to learn, whilst 75% said events are a valuable source of content
- 61% found that social platforms are the most cost-effective channel to promote their events