- 2m – Number of meals made for athletes over the 25 day period of the Games, which includes:
- 10,000 loaves of bread
- More than 100 tonnes of fruit and vegetables
- 60 tonnes of potatoes
- 25,000 litres of milk
- 8 tonnes of cheese
- 10+ tonnes of seafood
- 10+ tonnes of poultry items
- 10+ tonnes of meat products
- £14m – The size of Jack Morton Worldwide's budget to deliver the opening and closing ceremonies.
- £2.5m – Visit Scotland's budget to market the Commonwealth Games
- 160 tonnes of staging will be used at the closing ceremony at Hampden Park this Sunday, plus 3,000 props and 454 flags.
- 1 billion – Estimated number of TV viewers
- 50,811 people – a record number for a Commonwealth Games – applied to be volunteers for 15,000 posts at Glasgow 2014.
- 61% of applicants were female, 39% were male
- 38% were aged between 16 and 25 years.