1. A new pre-show concierge service to help first-time hosted buyers get the most from their attendance at the show has been launched. It is one of several new ideas designed to increase business and networking value for buyers attending the trade show. Each new buyer will receive a telephone call from the Imex concierge team giving them the opportunity to ask questions relating to travel, appointments with exhibitors, the education programme or other subjects.
2. This year the IMEX-CIC Inspiration Centre - the main education theatre on the show floor - will provide a single site for all English and German language education, with the exception of daily GCB German keynotes, which will take place each morning in Hall 9.
3. The Inspiration Centre will also house a new Creativity Zone, Hot Topic Tables with moderated peer-to-peer conversations, plus a new Meet the Expert clinic. As in previous years, the Centre will also be home to all Imex 30-minute campfires, 45-minute seminars and the Research Pod.
4. In addition to a brand new Imex App, delivered by QuickMobile, refinements to the Imex portals and website plus live, pre-show 'how to' webinars, Imex now offers a wide choice of personalised support services for exhibitors, intermediaries, trade visitors and hosted buyers.
5. Among the 3,500 exhibiting companies attending will be new exhibitors and destinations including Azerbaijan, Georgia, Hong Kong, Royal Caribbean and Peru. Hotel groups are once again a growth area at Imex with Club Med, Dorchester Collection, Falkensteiner Hotels, Great Hotels of the World, Le Hotels and Parc Hotels all attending as new exhibitors.
6. Some 20 new hosted buyer groups are confirmed and include groups from Travel Alberta, Hong Kong Tourism Board and Energy Cities Alliance.
7. Several new educational and exhibitor hubs are being introduced, allowing for allied or complementary exhibitors to be found in one place. Technology exhibitors will be located in a new Technology Pavilion; a new Meeting Design Hub will house specialised exhibitors and deliver education on all aspects of meeting design; and a new Tech Hub will be introduced, which will provide an easy update on new technologies plus hands-on education sessions for a maximum of 30 people.
8. Exclusively Corporate @IMEX (on Monday 19 May), provides an afternoon of private education and networking for corporate meeting planners and senior executives. UK entrepreneur Michelle Mone OBE, who is best known as co-owner of Ultimo Brands International, will deliver the event's keynote address. Mone's participation is sponsored by London & Partners.
9. Presented every year at the IMEX trade show's Gala Dinner in Frankfurt, the IMEX-GMIC Green Awards were the first in the international meetings, events and incentive travel industry to recognise outstanding achievement in green meetings planning, sustainability and corporate social responsibility. This year's award categories include two Green Meetings Awards, a Green Supplier Award (for hotels, convention centres and other event venues) and a Commitment to the Community Award, which recognises CSR-based incentive programmes or projects that 'give back' to a local community.
10. C&IT will once again be exhibiting at Imex. Come and meet the editorial and sales teams on stand G485 and pick up a copy of the latest issue. We will also be hosting drinks on the stand from 4pm on the Tuesday and Wednesday.
When: 20-22 May 2014
Where: Messe Frankfurt, Germany
Opening times: Tuesday 10:00 - 17:30 Wednesday 10:00 - 17:30 Thursday
10:00 - 16:30