He added: "[We plan to] provide relevant education opportunities and further enrich [members’] careers. We have many exciting plans in the pipeline, with announcements made in due course. These will provide substantial benefits and opportunities for our members and I look forward to the impact they will have on their roles and as individuals."
The UK and Ireland Chapter has appointed Hamish Reid, general manager at Jersey Conference Bureau, as executive director and events manager.
The full 2013/2014 board will comprise:
- President – James Samuel, UBM
- Past president – Samme Allen, Barbican
- Vice president of finance and sponsorship, Miguel Neves, IMEX
- Vice president of membership – Ruth Bennett, London & Partners
- Vice president of events – Jane Baker, CWT
- Deputy vice president of events (content and knowledge) – Liz Rice, Metro Broadcasting
- Deputy vice president of events (logistics) – Ashley Howarth, Radisson Blu Edwardian
- Vice president of event marketing – James Ades, Excel London
- Vice president of communications – Alan Stevens, media coach
Allen, who is also head of sales at the Barbican, said: "Building the team over the past two years has been extremely rewarding. We have created an environment in which our members can extend their knowledge, build relationships and flourish in their careers. I will continue to be a part of the chapter’s leadership, and I know James will continue to build a chapter that is respected all over the world for the work it does for the benefit of its members.
Samuel added: "Hamish Reid’s role will focus on the long term direction of the Chapter including member acquisition and retention. In particular his many years of service and knowledge will allow the chapter to grow whilst delivering ongoing member benefits and a return on their investment."