Samme Allen, president of MPI UK and Ireland and head of sales at the Barbican, said: "Ruth will be a valued addition to the board, and we are delighted that she has chosen to lead and support the membership committee in Louise’s absence."
Bennett added: "I am very excited about taking on the position of VP Membership and I look forward to continuing the great work that Louise has started."
The full 2012/2013 board comprises:
• Samme Allen, Barbican – president
• James Samuel, Confex – president elect
• Anthony Hyde, Barbican – past president
• Miguel Neves, IMEX – vice president finance
• Charlotte Baxter, MCI – vice president and knowledge
• Ruth Bennett, London and Partners – vice president membership
• Lisa Owen, Visit Manchester – vice president communications
The current MPI UK and Ireland Chapter board of directors will serve in their roles until July 2013.