Twitter's top ten coversations featured three seperate 2012 Olympic Games related topics, three Euro 2012 conversations and three X-Factor related items.
The Olympics, fun statistics from which are covered here, received unprecedented attention on the social network in the UK and worldwide, with the Opening Ceremony – and the infamous Boris dance in particular – providing worthy talking points.
Elsewhere, the UK's appetite for Euro 2012 news focused on England's all-too-familiar penalty woes and the fancy footwork of Theo Walcott, all of which was relished by corporate hospitality guests from around the world.
Meanwhile, the X Factor – the final of which was held at Manchester Central – was the source of much Twitter gossip, despite its declining television audience.
Lest we forget:
1. Olympics: David Cameron, Samantha Cameron and Boris Johnson dancing at the closing ceremony (Sunday, August 12)
2. Euro 2012: England vs Italy, England lose on penalties (Sunday, June 24)
3. X Factor: James Arthur and Ella Henderson in bottom two, Ella voted off (Sunday, November 18)
4. Olympics: Bolt wins the Men’s 100 metres Olympic final (Sunday August 5)
5. Olympics: Opening Ceremony - Mr Bean’s Chariots of Fire sketch in the (Friday, July 27)
6. X Factor: Rylan and Kye deadlock (Sunday, November 4)
7. Euro 2012: England vs Sweden, Theo Walcott's goal brings England level at 2-2
8. X Factor: Gary Barlow storms off X Factor as Carolynne Poole is voted off in favour of Rylan (Sunday October 7)
9. Euro 2012: England vs France, Joleon Lescott’s goal puts England 1-0 up (Monday June 11)
10. Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid - Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal puts Real 3-2 ahead, leading them to victory (Tuesday September 18)