The hotel has undergone an £8m refurbishment programme, creating 50 jobs in the area.
The majority of the hotel had to close for almost four years as most of the building was damaged.
At ground floor level, the King’s Head Bar and Lounge serves light meals and drinks and also makes reference to 1611 - the year when it is believed a coaching inn was first launched at the site.
On the first floor the Carriages à la carte restaurant and its adjoining cocktail bar - named in tribute to the town’s railway heritage - offer fine dining and service.
Meanwhile the venue’s ballroom, which can accommodate up to 250 delegates, has been completely refurbished and two smaller meeting rooms have also been created. Staff have increased from 26 to 83.