No injuries were reported as a result of the blaze, which occurred at approximately 7.30pm in the outdoor area of the venue. Some 300 fans had to be evacuated from the scene.
@KiwiHouse tweeted: "We've had a rather large fire engulf the outdoor bbq area. Everyone is ok. We're closed till further notice."
A statement read: "People were safely and swiftly evacuated, and emergency services were called. Once people were safely evacuated the BBQ gas bottle exploded. There are no reported injuries and the situation is now contained."