The report said that 75% of businesses surveyed already have a presence in social media. Social media networks were named as the top communication tool with clients and 51% think that social media will gain in importance.
According to the respondents, the most important success factors for the use of social media are:
1. Synergy effects of integrated communication
2. Enabling viral communication
3. Appropriate seeding for widespread distribution of information
4. Strong and relevant content
5. Opportunities to design user-generated content
The report also concluded that a combination of social media and events will increase technological innovations, making new event formats possible and stronger connections of online and offline events
Possible tasks cited before a hybrid event included development of individual platforms and apps for smartphones.
During an event, interactive wall games, augemented reality and QR codes were cited as popular choices.
Flashmobs and discussion forums were rercommended for after an event.