The team is made up of venue and event representatives and will be effective from 1 July. The group will focus on developing initiatives including the Young Achievers Awards.
Allen said: "The focus of the new board will be the membership and our offering. To ensure this is achieved most effectively we have made several changes to the board structure, improving focus and aligning ourselves more closely with MPI’s global model.
"The UK and Ireland Chapter remains the largest outside of the Americas and our membership really is engaged with our activity, particularly supporting the wide range of successful educational events we run throughout the year."
The board members are:
• President: Samme Allen, Barbican
• President-elect: Nathalie Jean, Lychee 3
• Immediate past president: Fiona Pelham, Sustainable Events
• Vice president finance and commercial operations: Robert Eveleigh, Ideas
• Vice president communications: Lisa Owen, Marketing Manchester
• Vice president knowledge: June Clark, Reed Travel Exhibitions
• Vice president membership: Louise Newton, Logi Plan