Price will make her inaugural speech to more than 500 members at the HBAA’s Annual Dinner on 14 January 2011. She will outline the association’s objectives for the year ahead and the charity she has chosen for the association to support in 2011.
"The HBAA has come to the fore for its tireless work in promoting best practices and advising on government legislation such as TOMS and The Bribery Act. 2011 will see the UK’s business travel market continue to turn a corner and we are gearing up for the UK being on the global stage as a tourism and business travel destination with the Royal Wedding, Diamond Jubilee and of course the 2012 Olympic Games," she said.
Juliet Price is head of marketing and business intelligence for Hotelzon.
The executive committee members are:
- Vice chair Chris Peacock, Conference Care
- Executive director Peter Ducker
- Treasurer Stephen Usher, House of Usher
- Venue chair Ian Leat, Marriott
- Venue vice chair Ian Jones, De Vere
- Academy committee chair Ellis Salsby, Ellis Salsby
- Events committee chair Jill Fleming, Absolute Corporate Events
- Technology innovation and environment committee chair Trevor Elswood, BSI
- Marketing committee chair Andrew Deakin, Conference Care
- Membership committee chair Chris Parnham, Zibrant
- Meetings committee chair Jayson Hodgkinson, Venue Choice
- Special projects Sue Burgess, Inntel and Steve Ockerby, LVS Events
- Apartments sector Ricky Kapoor, Hotelworld