This follows the recent opening of two Intercontinental properties in Nanjing and Shanghai.
The company also signed a deal with hotel management company HNA Hotels and Resorts last month for five hotels.
IHG chief executive Andy Cosslett said: "This year we are opening more than 30 hotels in China. This includes seven Intercontinental, seven Crowne Plaza and the debut of Hotel Indigo on the Bund in the centre of Shanghai, following our strategy to develop an upscale presence in key locations."
IHG’s deal with HNA Hotels and Resorts includes:
- Intercontinental Haikou: 200 rooms, opens first quarter, 2014
- Intercontinental Changchun: 300 rooms, opens fourth quarter, 2015
- Crowne Plaza Changchun Noble: 290 rooms, opens fourth quarter, 2012
- Crowne Plaza Kunming West: 300 rooms, opens first quarter, 2014
- Holiday Inn Beijing Sifang: 217 rooms, opens first quarter, 2012