Destination Guide: Dubai
C&IT's sponsored guide to Dubai will help you find the most exciting hotels, venues, restaurants and incentive activities when planning your next event in the Emirate.
Dubai is one of the world’s most exhilarating destinations: a glittering city that offers swathes of golden beaches; world-class shopping, dining and nightlife; hosts electrifying events and sporting championships; and, for all the family, is one big adventurous playground. Where tradition meets ambition and renowned for its futuristic architecture, this visionary city is also proud to display its rich heritage and culture. Welcome to Arabia and welcome to the destination that has made it its mission to become “the world’s most visited city”.
Where else can you spend the morning on the beach, the afternoon snow skiing and the evening camel riding in the desert? Where else can you dive with sharks in a shopping mall and watch dancing fountains at the base of the world’s tallest tower? And with many more hotels and attractions in the pipeline, no-one can ever truly say they’ve ticked off Dubai.
For more information, contact Maris Kuklis, Senior Manager, MICE, Dubai Convention and Events Bureau – UK & European Office on +44 (0) 20 7367 0924 or email MarisK@hillsbalfour.com
• Dubai is one of seven emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates
• The UAE is 83,600 Sq. km. in size (slightly bigger than Scotland)
• The official weekend is Friday and Saturday
• Arabic is the official language but English is widely used
• The emirate is home to over 200 nationalities
• 10 million visitors were welcomed in 2012, 20 million expected by 2020
• The UAE does not collect income tax on businesses or individuals
• Easy visa on arrival procedures for all EU nationals.
• Dubai International Airport (DXB) is the second busiest in the world
• Over 145 airlines fly to 260 destinations across six continents
• Home to the Arabian Gulf region’s first metro system
• Dubai has over 625 hotel establishments offering five-star luxury to pocket-friendly comfort.
• The Dubai World Trade Centre boasts a total of one million sq. feet of meeting space.
• Most hotels in Dubai offer multi-purpose meeting and events space.
• Year-round calendar of sports, arts, culture, music, shopping and entertainment events.
• Desert activities include camping, dune bashing, and hiking
• Marine activities include diving, swimming, rowing, sailing, fishing, paddle boarding, etc.
• Over 5,300 eateries serve food from all over the world.
• Time difference of GMT +3
Contact DubaiEmail: MarisK@hillsbalfour.com
Telephone: (0) 20 7327 0924
C&IT's Venue of the Week is Sofitel Downtown Dubai hotel, a new art-inspired property in the heart of the city.
Accessibility, impressive infrastructure and stunning venues - Dubai ticks all the C&I boxes for event planners.
Gartner is holding its 2014 Symposium ITXpo at Mina A'Salam Convention Center, Madinat Jumeirah Hotel in Dubai.