EC&O Venues and ExCel London were among the venues honoured at last night's Visit London awards.
Held at the Royal Albert Hall, the annual awards celebrate the very best of the capital's venues, attractions and services and are selected by a panel of nearly 50 industry experts. EC&O Venues approach to sustainability was recognised while ExCel London won the Business Venue of the Year award.
Mayor of London Boris Johnson commented: "Tourism is critical to our capital as the industry's success translates directly into jobs for London and Londoners. These Awards show the range and excellence of what the capital has to offer the visitor.
To see the photos click here.
Business Venue of the Year
* Gold: ExCeL London
* Silver: Barbican
* Bronze: The Science Museum
Business Event of the Year
* Gold: Maritz for ‘Toyota ERM IV'
* Silver: Science Museum for Siemens ‘Think Customer Awards'
* Bronze: Logistik for Share Fair Conference 2008
Sustainable Tourism Award
* Gold: EC&O Venues
* Silver: The O2
* Bronze: The Royal Lancaster Hotel
Accessible Tourism Award
* Gold: National Theatre
* Silver: The O2
* Bronze: Holiday Inn Bloomsbury
Small hotel of the year
* Gold: The Sumner Hotel
* Silver: The Bingham
* Bronze: Capital Hotel
Best budget accommodation
* Gold: St.Christopher's Village
* Silver: Passfield Hall, LSE
* Bronze: Palmers Lodge Boutique Backpackers
Large hotel of the year
* Gold: Apex City of London Hotel
* Silver: Jumeirah Carlton Tower
* Bronze: The Chesterfield Mayfair
Best Visitor Information Initiative
* Gold: Shaftesbury Plc for Carnaby
* Silver: South Bank Employers Group
* Bronze: City of London Information Centre
Marketing/PR Campaign of the Year
* Gold: British Museum for The First Emperor
* Silver: Museum in Docklands for London, Sugar and Slavery
* Silver: SML Marketing and Events and Golin Harris for Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs
* Bronze: London Borough of Newham for Be a Local Tourist
Visitor attraction of the year
* Gold: The Science Museum
* Silver: The Wellcome Collection
* Bronze: London Transport Museum
Best tourism experience
* Gold: London Walks
* Silver: Vinopolis
* Bronze: Astronomy Centre and Peter Harrison Planetarium at the Royal Observatory
Best celebration of cultural diversity
* Gold: Pride London
* Silver: Discover Storymaking Centre
* Bronze: The Mayor's Thames Festival
Most outstanding customer service
* Gold: Village East
* Silver: David Baxter, National Maritime Museum
* Bronze: BBC Tours Guiding Team
Sports Tourism Award
* Gold: Flora London Marathon
* Silver: Wembley Stadium Tour
* Bronze: The O2
Have you registered with us yet?
Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.