The UK capital came in sixth place in the annual ICCA rankings released last month, which ranked cities based on the number of meetings held in the city, but has jumped two places in this latest twist on the rankings, where cities are ranked by its total number of meeting participants.
As with the previous list, Paris came in top place, hosting 130,516 participants for 214 qualifying meetings, while Barcelona took the second spot and Madrid came in third.
ICCA also released its countries ranking by number of meeting participants, where the UK came in fifth, a fall from its fourth place spot in the annual rankings by number of meetings. The USA took the top spot, with Germany coming in second.
ICCA rankings by participants - cities
1. Paris (130,516 participants)
2. Barcelona (127,469 participants)
3. Madrid (91,452 participants)
4. London (89,969 participants)
5. Vienna (81,902 participants)
6. Amsterdam (79,356 participants)
7. Berlin (76,880 participants)
8. Istanbul (75,864 participants)
9. Copenhagen (57,551 participants)
10. Singapore (57,497 participants)
ICCA rankings by participants – countries
1. United States (365,338 participants)
2. Spain (289,039 participants)
3. Germany (264,156 participants)
4. France (233,075 participants)
5. United Kingdom (199,100 participants)
6. Italy (175,400 participants)
7. Australia (151,808 participants)
8. Japan (147,245 participants)
9. Canada (133,609 participants)
10. Netherlands (133,105 participants)
• For more breaking news and in-depth features, sign up to C&IT Magazine's daily Newstracker here
Have you registered with us yet?
Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.